THE ART OF LETTING GO….
What do you need to let go of?
I took my first real vacation in 6 years, no wife nor dogs, just me in the sunny climes of Cancun. As I watched the wind play with the palm trees and saw how the leaves moved to spill out the wind when it was too heavy…I took note. When I went to the beach and observed the waves crested and how the foam danced on the tops of the gentle and mighty waves…I took note. Only upon my return did I connect the two on letting go and letting happen.
I offer the following template (brevity being the soul) as a starting point to inspire you to start uncovering and opening up YOUR life. Self-limiting beliefs and actions manifest themselves in our daily life. What is the one thing that you would pay a kabillion dollars to eliminate from your life?
- Name what you need to let go of for YOU.
- Observe how you feel and how it has limited YOU…marinate, savor, look back and see how it has not served YOU.
- Get specific around what it looks/feels like…heck, give it a name and picture it, become it and it might be…odiferous.
- Go…when you are ready to vanquish it…be with your limitation, hug it and tell it that you love it and it’s time is up. I release you “name of limitation”.
- In charge: Assert that YOU are in control and nothing that can happen will ever wrest that power from you. Only you hold the scepter and even though you may give it away it will always come back to you upon your demand.
- Not now: the desire to hold on will challenge you and give you mental reasons why it should stay…listen to it and it will show its vulnerability.
- So you will begin to lift 5 lb’s….it will throw you a 50 pounder….repeat from the top
NOGGINS (because it’s all in the head):
How did observing the palm leaves contribute to this template? They let go of the wind and danced in it rather than be stiff and expose themselves to breaking. If another leaf directed the wind to the leaf, it let it go also. It naturally danced in the moment aware of the breeze and positioned itself so it would not break and continue to thrive and grow magnificently.
How did the surf play it part in this missive? The energy from the wave created a froth on the thin parts of the water at the crest and created a bubbling top at each peak….it just happens natural and organically without limitations that the bubbly wave created is not as big or foamy as the wave before it or the waves that follow. There is a swell of water and an energy and it manifests itself ad infinitum just like riding the wave fully present, aware and living in the moment.
Go forth Courageously!